Monday, April 30, 2012

Hectic Life

Yeah, I know.  It's been a while since I posted anything.  But life has gotten hectic.

We found out that our 15 year old son is making some destructive decisions with his life.  That in itself has overshadowed our lives for a few weeks.  I won't go into details, but we're wondering what the heck we should do about it.  We're completely new to this.  I was a fairly good teen, so this is all so foreign to me.

Also, Ladybug has been wanting a pet for ages.  I ruled out a dog from the get-go because I know I would be the one to take care of everything.  A cat is automatically ruled out, because the man is extremely allergic.  Hamsters and gerbils make me think of the mice that I set traps for, so they are out.  So we got a parakeet.  Parakeets aren't a lot of work, but more than I thought.  And no one else in the house is willing to change the newspaper in the cage, so that falls on me.

And as of right now, Ladybug is in her room having a fit because she won't do her homework.  It quickly escalated into a power struggle and I have just been called a horrible mother.  Cries of "I want Daddy" keep coming out of her room.

Work has gotten busier with springtime.  Business always picks up in the food industry in nicer weather.  But it makes it harder just to get a pee break some days.  Plus, there have been rumors recently that a certain Hollywood celebrity has been staying in the town in which I work.  Supposedly, he is at the local artist colony writing a movie.  For some reason, people expect us to know if there is any truth to the rumors.  Hmmm, lets think this through.  "Sightings" of him around a small (no, tiny) New Hampshire town, with no photographic proof?  I don't think so.

But, with all of that said, I wouldn't trade my life for anything.  No matter what, I love both of my kids very much.  I might not always like what they do, but I will never stop loving them.  The Man and I can get through this together if we just stand by each other and support one another.  Work is crazy, but for the first time in years, I can say that my coworkers are my friends and that I can count on them for helping me when I'm in need. 
Although hectic sometimes, I have a good life.  I just need to remind myself every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment