Sunday, July 22, 2012

Itchy Twitchy

Another thing that I love to do besides knitting and crocheting is reading.  A few years ago, I discovered www.paperbackswap.com.  Essentially, you list books that you are willing to part with.  When another member orders one of your books, you send it to them.  All you have to do is pay for the postage to mail it out, which is usually between $1.50 and $3.00.  For every book you send out, you get one credit.  You can then use this credit to order a book from any other member.  It has been a great source for me to find some out of print books, or books I just wasn't sure would be worth spending money on.  Once you receive the book, you can do whatever you'd like with it.  Keep it, swap it again, give it to a friend...anything.  The book is yours.
Quite a while ago, I put the book Knit 2 Together by Tracy Ullman and Mel Clark on my wish list.  Yesterday, it came.  I have not been knitting much lately, simply because it's summer time.  It's been very hot.  I'm busy doing outside stuff. Mainly taking Ladybug to the town beach.  I'm always afraid to bring my knitting to the lake because sand manages to get in everything.  Unfortunately, knitting has been set aside.
Soooo, long story short, I'm aching to knit.  I spent yesterday afternoon practically drooling over some of the beautiful designs in this book.  And in the midst of one of the hottest weeks this summer, I am attracted to the adorable hooded sweater made with a wool/microfiber blend.  I simply can't make this right now.  Even though the temperature has dropped some, it's still too hot to knit a sweater made from lamb fur.  But my fingers are tingling to cast this sweater on for Ladybug to wear this fall.  What to do, what to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment