Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Knitting Playdate

I think that most everyone has a friend in their life that they can always remember having.  Or close to it, at least.  For me, that is my friend R.  R moved into the neighborhood we grew up in when she was 3 and I was 6.  The first time I met her, she dragged her little plastic slide into my yard and asked me if I wanted to play.  I said yes, and we have been friends ever since.  Over the thirty plus years of our friendship, we have gone our seperate ways at times and always reconnected.  A couple of years ago, we reconnected for what I hope is for good.  We have continuously e-mailed and facebooked each other since.  And every few months or so, we get together to knit.  Yesterday was one of those days.  We went to coffee shop the next town over from where R lives.


We didn't have coffee, but instead had some very delicious tea that they serve there.  We talked. A LOT.  R and I can not see each other for six months (as was the case yesterday), and jump right into a conversation as though no time at all has passed.  We knit. A LOT.  I worked on the poncho I am hoping to finish for ladybug by this spring.  And R showed me a couple of projects she was working on.  I didn't think to take a picture until she had put most of them back in her bag.  But she had some beautiful sock yarn that her husband had given her for Christmas a couple of years ago.



We had plans to go to the yarn shop a few doors down, but we got so carried away talking and knitting that before we knew it the sun was setting and the yarn shop had already closed.  Well, it's like I told R, we'll have to do that another time.  It just gives us an excuse to get together soon.  Although we don't really need an excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment