Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Hat Made With Hooks

So since I titled this blog Noni's Hooks and Needles, I thought it was way past time to show something I made with hooks.  This is a very basic single crochet hat.  I have made dozens of them over the past few years.  This is the very same pattern I used when I taught a few friends how to crochet back in January.





And since I have pictures of one of my crocheted hat, I thought I'd include the pattern, too.  This is the actual pattern I sat down and wrote out to teach my friends.  I have made so many of these, that I don't even think about how to do it anymore.  If you notice any errors, please let me know so I can correct it.





Single Crochet Beanie

Materials Needed:
Worsted Weight Yarn  (I used Vanna's Choice for the one shown, but any worsted will do.)
Size H (5.00mm) crochet hook
Plastic yarn needle

Ch 4.  Join with sl st in beg ch. to form a ring, or use magic loop method.  The choice is yours.
Rnd 1: ch 1, work 6 sc in ring, join with sl st in beg ch.
Rnd 2: ch 1, 2 sc in each sc, join with sl st in beg ch. (12 sc)
Rnd 3: ch 1, *sc in next sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (18 sc)
Rnd 4: ch 1, *sc in next 2 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (24 sc)
Rnd 5: ch 1, *sc in next 3 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (30 sc)
Rnd 6: ch 1, *sc in next 4 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (36 sc)
Rnd 7: ch 1, *sc in next 5 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (42 sc)
Rnd 8: ch 1, *sc in next 6 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (48 sc)
Rnd 9: ch 1, *sc in next 7 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (54 sc)
Rnd 10: ch 1, *sc in next 8 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (60 sc)
Rnd 11: ch 1, *sc in next 9 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (66 sc)
Rnd 12: ch 1, *sc in next 10 sc, 2sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch. (72 sc)
Rnds 13-32: ch1, sc in each st around, sl st in beg. ch. (72 sc)
Finishing: weave in ends.


Happy Crocheting!


2 comments:

  1. Nice!!! Congratulations on your first Ravelry pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS HAT! Do you have a pattern for a scarf to go with it? And a question for you: what are the dimensions of this cap, top to bottom, and across? Thanks?

    ReplyDelete