Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Stress

As you can tell by the title of today's post, I'm a little stressed out.  There are several factors to this stress.

 Being the mother of a teenager who is almost exactly like I was at that age is no fun.  I have a fairly decent idea of how Bud works.  Not a clear idea, but I can usually figure it out. He's a lot like me in soooo many ways.  Some of them make me proud.  Some make me cringe.

I miss my husband.  I work in the very early morning.  My work day starts at 4:00.  Not long after I get home, the Man leaves for his second shift job. He works Sunday- Friday, and I work Tuesday-Saturday.  Which means we are home together on Saturday nights.  That is our only night together.  And getting up at 3:00 am to be to work for 4:00 usually means that I'm ready for bed at about 9:00.  Which is the same time we put Ladybug to bed on non-school nights.  So, it's not like we can curl up on the couch and watch a movie.  When we do, I'm usually snoring within a half hour.

I haven't been able to go to knitting group at all for the month of March.  Ladybug has basketball on Monday nights and it ends just as knitting group begins.  I could still go, but that means I have to plan dinner for 4:30 in the afternoon or 8:00.  So, no knitting group until next month.

Lastly, this knitting pattern I'm trying to design is driving me crazy.  I just want something simple to knit for my night alone tonight.  I'm thinking I might just dig out some cotton yarn and make a simple yarn over dishcloth.  Nice and mindless.

I hope you're all having a less stressed week than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment